Friday 10 August 2012

Stylesight Week 2

Week 2 of my internship is over in a flourish! These weeks are flying by at the moment and it's not going to be long before I'm back at Uni and living the tough life of sleeping all day, occasionally rolling out of bed for a 2 hour lecture at 1pm (and still moaning about that) and hunting for the best bargains at Farmfoods.
This week has been pretty same old, same old, but I am starting to grasp a better understanding of the marketing world. I have been helping to organize upcoming events where Stylesight will be speaking in a bid to promote themselves and offer the latest trend analysis news to retailers, manufactures and pretty much anybody in the fashion industry. Not to be missed!
Marketing is something that involves you being highly organized which is an area that I excel in. I am an avid list maker and will edit things over and over until they're perfect. Even my blogs pieces have to be given at least 5 read overs... and then probably another 5 after they have actually been published.
Upcoming events for Stylesight include 'Premier Vision' in Paris and 'Fabric Start' in Munich. Both in September, I am guessing that I will be taking the week off then as the staffing list pretty much consists of the entire office. There was a little section for 'helpers' that I noticed and I was tempted to pencil my name in... a trip to Paris or Munich would certainly give this whole experience a silver lining.
This week I have been in that situation where you can't predict the English weather and therefore have no idea what to wear.
After checking the weather forecast on Saturday I established that dresses and skirts with tights would probably be the best option (ready for all eventualities) and my favourite item of the week has been my little green shirt.
Worn here on Monday with my new high neck vest dress from Tosphop, it manages to tone down what could be quite a dressy dress (couldn't think of a better way to phrase that).


I accessorized with my cross earrings, and a pastel mint coloured ring. I love that polar necks have come back in to fashion. Not only are they lovely and snug but they also look very sophisticated if I do say so myself.


Worn here on Wednesday with my mid-length dress from Urban outfitters, my green shirt makes another appearance. It was quite a stuffy day in London on Wednesday so the lightweight shirt and dress combo was perfect.


This tribal print dress is so far my favourite buy for the Summer. Although you can't see here, it also has an exposed back so it will definitely be accompanying me when I jet off to Mallorca on Sunday. Bye bye rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment