Monday 20 August 2012

Balmain, Balmain, Balmain

I myself feel that you can never wear too much jewellary. During my 6am rush around this morning I very nearly forgot my watch, rings and earrings which would have been an absolute travesty! And this is why I am besotted with the Balmain A/W collection, and in particular the beautiful, heavily embellished dress worn by Joan Smalls at this years MET gala.


Accompanied by Balmain designer, Olivier Rousteing, Joan Smalls is picture perfect and bang on trend with this turtleneck style.



The detailing is exquisitely decorated and patterned with Balmain's signature style. The embellishments are heavily used without being overbearing and although you would perhaps have to be VERY careful with this piece (definitely not washing machine friendly) this dress is absolute perfection.
I am definitely going to be on the look out for a suitable high street alternative.
The rest of the collection is also continually breathtaking as you can view below...

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! So glad you posted these great detail shots of the Balmain dress.

    http://frotheloveoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete