Wednesday 8 August 2012

Mila Kunis for Miss Dior A/W 2012


Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Mila Kunis and think she is incredibly gorgeous, but when seeing the new 'paparazzi' themed Autumn/Winter Miss Dior campaign in this month's Vogue I questioned whether she was right for the part...
Witty, charming and with the most striking eyes, Mila Kunis has graced our screens in films such as Getting over Sarah Marshall, Black Swan and Friends with Benefits but is the voice of Meg Griffin from Family Guy really the right profile for Dior? 
It seems that popular film stars are now becoming the favoured choice for brands when casting their new faces, and yes they never fail to choose the most stunningly beautiful ones, but are they really models? I find the whole campaign a little bit awkward and it doesn't quite make sense to me.


This image with Mila Kunis surrounded by camera's smiling proudly tells no real story and I very much doubt that she is the kind of woman that thrives off media attention.
At 5ft 4, Mila Kunis is far shorter than the average 5ft 9 requirement for models and yes, I know that models shouldn't be stereotyped by height and weight, but when her whole body is being used, her short height is painstakingly obvious.
Mila Kunis is an actress and I think that sometimes people in the public eye should stick to what they do best.
I will admit, I prefer her much more to the new choppy haired Chanel model but this time Dior haven't quite succeeded in my opinion...



No comments:

Post a Comment