Tuesday 31 July 2012

Stylesight Day 2

I definitely spoke too soon yesterday as today the sun went back into hiding and the typical British rain clouds came out to give me a nice morning shower as I left the house.
Found it much harder to retreat from my snuggly sofa lair today, especially as it was such a dull day and I wasn't woken by the sunshine at 5am like usual.


Decided to go with a slightly more wrapped up outfit today and put on my Vera Moda mustard knitted jumper with my black flowery Urban Outfitters skirt AND took my jacket with me.
I saw the newer version of my last season leather jacket in Topshop today. Exactly the same only this time with a soft fur collar... I was tempted to buy it again, not going to lie. I even contemplated attaching the fur to my current jacket but then thought stealing in Brixton probably won't go down too well... plus it had its own security tag on! They know what people like me are thinking...
Definitely going to invest in some fur and re-vamp my old jacket though, especially since my Mum has now bought the same one as me!
I tried to be more positive at work today and sat up straight at my desk and went about my task with strained enthusiasm. Soon after I found myself slumping back down, however. I just can't really get exciting about researching foreign textile magazines and putting their sales figures into excel...
Interning is something that we all have to do in the fashion industry, unless you are EXCEPTIONALLY lucky or your Dad is Ralph Lauren or something, but I wonder whether there is anyone that truly enjoys it? It's a bit like Emily Blunt in the Devil Wears Prada when she is constantly muttering to herself 'I love my job, I love my job'.

No comments:

Post a Comment