Thursday 5 July 2012

Summer 2012

I have always known that I wanted to do something in fashion. My ambitions have ranged throughout the years from wanting to design, be a buyer, a stylist, etc, but something that has stuck with me for the past 5 years now is my aspiration to become a Fashion Journalist. 
My journalistic experience has somewhat peaked since starting University as I have written a weekly fashion segment for the University blog, I came runner up in a Young Fashion Writer competition (and won myself a new digital camera which was an added extra) and also began to write for a paid blog to encourage prospective students to the University of Southampton.
This is the first chance that I have got to begin a 'proper' blog though, one which is controlled entirely by me. My first attempt on tumblr wasn't a great success as I found it to be much more image based and I am usually wanting to ramble on about this that and the other!
With Summer 2012 now upon us I thought this the most appropriate time to start, especially as it now seems that my fashion career is finally starting to begin (and therefore I actually have something to write about!) 
I hope that you enjoy my posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment